Thursday 6 October 2011

Week 5 NFL Picks

Well two winners from four. I was also right about the Oakland match , great to see them win.
Anyway , just to make it a profitable night I am backing the Packers -4.5 at 4/5 to beat the Falcons away. In know this is late , but the run offence by the packers and their picking percentage will hinder the pass play Falcons. If you stay up for this enjoy it ! I am going to bed and hoping that Al Davis will push my bet well over the line.




**********************
Updating this on Saturday I heard the news that AL Davis (Just Win Baby) died. I am taking Oakland out of my picks ,  I think it will now be a very different game. But that's a decision you can take. Instead I like the JETS +9.5 @ 8/11. RIP Al.




Here with this weeks NFL picks, so far this season I have given 17 bets , with 11 winning. Also check out Mulldogs general betting blog : http://mully1.wordpress.com/ and for more NFL there is also http://lonesomepundit.wordpress.com/ Best of luck ! and remember we only ask them to Just Win Baby!

Vikings v Cardinals
Vikings –3

The Vikings are 0-4, if they lose another game then Donovan McNabb will be dropped and we all know how the original prima donna of the NFL will take that.
Each team has losing records, in fact, the Cardinals have won only one game and lost three, hardly inspiring. I think the Vikings problem is not scoring, but defending leads and I think that the Defensive co-ordinator is more at risk than the QB if they lose this match up.Back the Vikings to beat the spread of minus 3, at home.


Raiders v Texans
Texans –5.5

Texans will win this by at least a touchdown. That’s all I should write but essentially the Raiders have been lucky and I think the luck ends with Matt Shaub. He is looking every bit the Superbowl QB and Fosters running coupled with Tate will be a big problem for the Raiders. I think the Texans are playing like New England four years ago, great running plays and drawing in the defence to pass wide or under. Back the Texans to beat the spread at –5.5.


Titans v Steelers
Titans +3

The Titans are a surprise to everyone, except me. I love this team and the spirit they possess. With one of the best running backs the league has ever had in Johnson I think that the Superbowl hung-over Steelers will struggle. Ben Roethlisberger is known to play wild and throw… oh …so late. This suits the Titans and they are well schooled at picking passes, especially wild ones and returning them for points. Expect a close game but I like the Titans +3.


Chief v Colts
Colts –2

If the Colts do not beat the spread here I will buy a hat and eat it. Kansas are creaking after losing 3, but the Colts have lost 4. However, the Colts recent losses were close games and against great opposition. I think Curtis Painter played well last week as the 2nd string QB for the Colts, we will see more of him in this game. The Colts practice pass defence and are quite good at it, which is a problem for the long pass-addict Matt Cassel.

Back the Colts -2

No comments:

Post a Comment